The Philadelphia Phillies (63-51) and Cincinnati Reds (45-68) meet Monday to open a 3-game series at Great American Ball Park. First pitch is slated for a 6:40 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze Tipico Sportsbook‘s lines around the Phillies vs. Reds odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Season series: first meeting. The Reds took 4 of 6 from Philadelphia in 2021.
The Phillies have lost 3 of their last 4 games — all in shutout fashion. Philadelphia went 10-1 with an .865 OPS from July 27-Aug. 7 but is just 3-3 with a .574 OPS since.
The Reds snapped a 5-game losing skid with an 8-5 win over the Chicago Cubs Sunday. That losing streak aside, Cincinnati has played better of late, and especially so at home. Cincy is 11-6 over its last 17 games in the Queen City.
Phillies at Reds projected starters
RHP Noah Syndergaard vs. LHP Mike Minor
Syndergaard (6-8, 3.96 ERA) has registered a 1.28 WHIP, 2.4 BB/9 and 6.9 K/9 through 91 IP over 17 starts.
- Owns a 4.50 ERA over his last 40 IP.
- Threw 96 pitches in his last start. Owns a 6.38 ERA this season in his next-time-out turns after starts of 90-plus.
Minor (1-9, 6.24 ERA) has made 12 starts this season. He has a 1.57 WHIP, 4.1 BB/9 and 7.8 K/9 through 62 IP.
- Albeit in an injury-shortened season (his first start was not until June 3 due to a shoulder injury), has thus far logged career-worst figures in ERA and home runs per 9 innings (2.6).
- Has a 5.8 BB/9 since the All-Star break, and that has fed into a 1.75 WHIP over that 4-game stretch.
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds
- Who: Phillies vs. Reds
- When: Monday, August 15, 2022
- Time: 6:40 p.m. ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park
- Run line: Reds +1.5 (-105), Phillies -1.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Reds +158, Phillies -178
- Total: Over/Under 9 (-112/+100)
Phillies vs. Reds betting preview
Using cutting-edge data and computer power, Dimers has simulated Monday’s Phillies vs. Reds game 10,000 times.
Furthermore, according to DimersBOT, the Reds (+1.5) are a 54% chance of covering the run line. The Over/Under total of 9 runs is a 52% chance of going Over.
Predictions and probabilities are correct at time of publishing and subject to change.
Monday’s matchup between the Phillies and Reds in MLB at Great American Ball Park is scheduled to start at 6:40 p.m. ET.
The oldest professional sports league in the world is Major League Baseball. It features 30 teams, including the Phillies and Reds.